• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my website slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suprch1c

What is the name of your state?

Indiana

I have a personal website, the front page I use as my "blog". I'm in college and had a lot of trouble with my roommate and I use my "blog" to vent. I said things she did that really bothered me and what I thought about her. I never put her last name, alls I used was her name and that she was my roommate, no personal information. She threatened to sue me today for slander if I didn't remove what I said. I looked up what slander was and all I found was that it was untruthful. I wrote nothing untruthful. You can check the page too, it would be just the last 3 entries, www.suprch1c.tk . I really feel like I shouldn't have to remove anything, but she also said both her parents were lawyers, so I'm not sure if they told her it was slander and such.

H

hexeliebe

Legally this is not slander. But then, if your roommate brings these charges against you it will be up to you to defend yourself. And that will cost you (or your parents) thousands of dollars in legal fees.

As for the website, start attending some of the classes you're so proud of skipping. You need a refresher course in spelling and grammar.

And three roommates in only a few months? Get real girl. Do you honestly think they were the problem?

S

suprch1c

I do worse when I go to the classes and this wasn't about the other imformation on my blog! Usually my grammar on there is near perfect, lately I've been typing when upset so I type fast and uncaring, because if you can read it and understand it then who cares.

also the first roommte has serious problems, I had no problems with her. She was immature constantly swearing at me and harrassing me and couldnt handle the fact that school wasnt like home and that I didnt want to be her best friend. New roommate: we had problems with little things like the heater and music, we resolved them saturday and I thought everything was fine. We had compromisd on everything, also I had never done one thing to her. Sunday, she starts telling lies about me, and shes the one who has tried to close me in my closed and harassed me.

and what is wth this place attacking people who are looking for help???

H

hexeliebe

Young lady, no one attacked you here but if you'd like I am more than up for the job. Your website, while not technically slander, is nothing more than self-serving pablum.

But if you want a second opinion you're more than welcome to it.

Just remember, one very sad fact of life is that anyone can sue anyone for anything these days. And your track record (admitted in your own words) is that you have had three roommates in less than one college semester.

Now you're sitting on the jury and trying to decide who is telling the truth. Do you believe a person who tells a story of abuse, and forced relocation or do you believe someone that has had three roommates and still wonders why they all moved?

Get used to facing the facts of life. They aren't pretty but that's exactly what you'll face if this girl's parents decide to sue you.

And as for the grammar and spelling. I'll say any damn thing to you I want in that regard. And if you don't like it leave. You came here looking for advice and I'm the only one that has taken the time to respond to you although 21 people have looked at your thread.

Now use that college-educated brain of yours (you know, the one you rarely take to class) and figure out why? Could it be that people in the real world are so damn tired of self-indulgent little twits that they really don't care if you get sued or not?

S

suprch1c

its in my blood or something to defend myself, esp when i think you have misunderstood.

"Just remember, one very sad fact of life is that anyone can sue anyone for anything these days. And your track record (admitted in your own words) is that you have had three roommates in less than one college semester."

ive had 2, and the second one moved because she didnt like her roommate before. from what i heard about it, they didnt fight, she just didnt like her nor anyone else on her floor. she has a track record too

"Do you believe a person who tells a story of abuse, and forced relocation or do you believe someone that has had three roommates and still wonders why they all moved?"

she has no story of abuse...for one i never did a thing to her besides try to communicate my problems with her as an adult and she was not forced to relocate at all. She abused me by words and by actions. again she was my second roommate and i know why the first one moved, shes emotionally unstable, could not learn to live any other way than what she wanted.

also, thank you for replying, but its still quite rude to go and talk as if you know every little detail. and the week i didnt go to a lot of classes, was just one week. you dont know how my classes are and if i need to go, most are optional. its all lecture, reading out of the book, you read the book thats all you need.

please reply about the fact that ive done nothing to her, shes harrassed me, i had no problem until she made up lies

H

hexeliebe

You still don't get it do you.

please reply about the fact that ive done nothing to her, shes harrassed me, i had no problem until she made up lies
Really? And can you prove that? Because that is EXACTLY what she is saying about you. Welcome to the real world. People get pissed, they sue each other and the lawyers are getting rich.

Thank you very much.

The only way to defend against libel and slander is the truth. But it's not what you say or what she says that is considered the truth by the courts. It's what either party can PROVE.

This isn't some theroy class you can breeze through. And that's what I'm trying to pound into that thick skull of yours. This is real life. And you don't get to twirl your hair, look cute and worm your way out of defending yourself, even from what you consider to be unfair.

That's life. Get ready for a kick in the pants if you don't take this seriously.

H

hexeliebe

I wish you would share it....and you know exactly where I'd like you to put it right???

S

suprch1c

...shes admitted to what shes done to me. The time she said that I said those things to her, i can prove I didnt because I have a witness, who was here, and she was never here. does that make a difference?

S

suprch1c

i really think youve completely misunderstood my story because a lot of what you say hasnt made any sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">