• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is reimbursment necessary?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eslmom1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My daughter was dropped from as dependent on my employer health insurance the month of her graduation from college (May 2008). I signed her up for the NJ under 30 dependent coverage at that tiem. She received a card and letter of acceptance stating we were to send the coupon back with the amount indicated. There was no coupon and no amount. I called repeatedly (at least 5 times) during the month of June 2008 and was sent letters-each letter said the same -but had no premium amount and no coupon. On July 1st my employer switched my benefits from BCBS to Cigna and my daughter was covered as a dependent in the plan. Here is the problem.My daughter was in the emergency room in June. Blue Cross paid the physicians and the hospital. Now, 14 months later, they send me a EOB stating that she was not covered at that time and I need to reinburse them. I don't have the acceptance forms they originally sent me since it has been over one year that this happened and it was paid for. Do I have any options in this matter>?

ecmst12

You never paid for the coverage so it never took place. You, or more appropriately your daughter (since she was an adult at the time) owe for the treatment she received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">