• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is revenue from a property sale considered as of income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Quiet4Years

What is the name of your state? NJ
I actually also have this listed on Motion for CS increase and visitation. So please look at that posting for the history.

My husband's son is going on vacation with his mother which is fantastic because she doesn't do anything with him other than a movie each week. He spends all of his free time on the Internet. However, my husband just received papers that were filed my his ex-wife. She is wanting more child support. I was surprised to hear my husband's son tell us that they were flying first class. I asked him how she is able to pay $2500 (he shared the cost with us) each for these first class tickets when she is stating that she doesn't have enough money to pay her monthly bills. He stated that she sold property (land).

This morning I searched public records and found the documents of this sale. She sold land two months ago and received $84k for this lot. This is not in her certification nor does she have this listed as income or liquid assets. Evidently she has not invested it by way of purchasing a home and according to her son, she is waiting until her father dies and will buy a home from the sale of his house. Should the recent sale have been included in her list of income/liquid assets/expenses work sheets?

I await your responses and thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">