• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is she able to do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hello I live in Tennessee.

My now boyfriend, is going through a divorce with his soon to be ex wife and there have been multiple issues concerning the children. I am asking for feedback/advice on this due to my name being put in their divorce papers by soon to be ex wife. She filed for divorce first and put in the temporary papers that I am not allowed to be around her children when they are in their fathers custody. I have no criminal record, I have never been in any sort of trouble with law enforcement (other than a speeding ticket) and have raised a child myself and constantly have had a job. I know those things probably do not make much of a difference but I wanted to lay them out there. I am trying to understand how she can do that to me with no grounds. However, she will not allow me around her children but she already has a boyfriend who is living with her who has 6-7 kids that he does not have custody of and is an “in and out” (mainly out) type of father. I know that may not matter but, again, just trying to understand how that is ok but my name is in the papers saying I cannot be around the children when they’re in the custody of their father yet the mother has already moved a new man into her house and has him around the kids daily. Also, their divorce has not even went to mediation yet or had it’s first official hearing other than her getting the temporary papers signed off on.

What legal action can be taken to have my name removed? Advice? Feedback?

Yes, she can do that. Advice? Don't date married men until the divorce is final. Feedback? Stay away from Dad when he has the children.
It’s odd to me she can keep him from moving on yet she didn’t waste anytime moving a man in. Everything you said was completely pointless, I thought this was a forum for people who are knowledgeable about what they’re speaking on. Clearly, I was wrong.

Just Blue

It’s odd to me she can keep him from moving on yet she didn’t waste anytime moving a man in. Everything you said was completely pointless, I thought this was a forum for people who are knowledgeable about what they’re speaking on. Clearly, I was wrong.
You asked a question and you were given a legally correct answer. These things happen when you chose to date married men. You may just want to back off on the relationship till the divorce is final.

You're not here for advice - you're here for cheerleaders.
Cheerleaders for what? I clearly ask for advice on the situation. Any way you look at the situation it is unfair. If I didn’t want to be apart of his kids lives I wouldn’t even care, clearly, I care and if that makes me a terrible person then so be it. I will not apologize.

You have no dog in this fight - you can't force anyone to remove your name from the proceedings.
You’re right, I don’t have a “dog in this fight” which is why my name should have never been in their divorce papers to begin with. Wow, people can do anything these days. Good ole America!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Cheerleaders for what? I clearly ask for advice on the situation. Any way you look at the situation it is unfair. If I didn’t want to be apart of his kids lives I wouldn’t even care, clearly, I care and if that makes me a terrible person then so be it. I will not apologize.
They are NOT your children. Back off and let your boyfriend get his life in order before you try to insert yourself in to the matter. You are only making things worse for everyone (kids included), not better.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You’re right, I don’t have a “dog in this fight” which is why my name should have never been in their divorce papers to begin with. Wow, people can do anything these days. Good ole America!
You are identified as a person who the father of the children is not to have around the children. There is no reason for your name not to be there.

Just Blue

If you cared about the children you would want what is best for them. Being part of a contentious parenting situation is harmful to the children. Back off till the divorce is final.

If you cared about the children you would want what is best for them. Being part of a contentious parenting situation is harmful to the children. Back off till the divorce is final.
I do want is best for them. I never once stated I wanted my name removed so I can jump into their lives. I was asking if she can DO THAT based on her not having any grounds. I am not in any shape, form, or fashion a threat to her children and like I previously stated have never been in any type of trouble, etc. Maybe she needs to have better judgement and want what is best for her kids; moving a man in 2 weeks after separating and not allowing the biological father to have them on his court ordered days/weekends is NOT in their best interest. Any decent human being knows that.

Based on it is emotionally unhealthy for the children to be around their fathers mistress. Why can't you understand that?
For one; I was not his mistress. She had a new man living with her before him and I got involved. I guess it’s emotionally healthy for them to be around her low life partner though, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">