• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is she stuck there until?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



A woman in North Carolina was about to file for seperation papers when her son of 18 that lives with her broke into a home and stole things. He went to court and was given 3 year probation living under his mother in the county they reside in. Also has to pay back the amount of what wasn't recovered with community service. There is a one year mental health in it too. The woman has said that she and her husband can't be in a room 5 minutes that they end up in an argument and that he threatened to kill her, then himself if he couldn't have her as his wife. Can she leave him in any way under these circumstances she and her son are in? Will the law make them stay in a potentionally unsafe home?

[Edited by GPE on 05-05-2001 at 07:35 PM]



Well, not quite sure what exactly he was sentenced to do? Is he supposed to just stay with mom? Or does he have to stay in that house, with mom and dad? If she is not getting along with dad, she can divorce him/leave him and still keep her son with him.

For this, I think mom should see a local crim defense attorney and see what lawyer says, then perhaps consult a divorce attorney. http://www.attorneypages.com

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential