• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is that enough?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sierra

Hi!

I was in a car accident and the other party admitted fault. I was not hurt very badly except that I have a sore neck and sore back and headaches and I had to get a new car because mine was smashed up pretty bad...

My lawyer referred me to a doctor for physical therapy and my bills are about $3-5K

My lawyer is going to try and get me about $15k (including the medical bills)
My lawyer is a friend of the family so he is doing my case for free :)

DO you think that is enough money??

Thanks a lot for you advice!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sierra:
Hi!

I was in a car accident and the other party admitted fault. I was not hurt very badly except that I have a sore neck and sore back and headaches and I had to get a new car because mine was smashed up pretty bad...

My lawyer referred me to a doctor for physical therapy and my bills are about $3-5K

My lawyer is going to try and get me about $15k (including the medical bills)
My lawyer is a friend of the family so he is doing my case for free :)

DO you think that is enough money??

Thanks a lot for you advice!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Remember, the key phrase here was:
" . . . **try** and get me."

We all "try" to get numbers like that, but unless there are extenuating medicals and other circumstances, it's likely that the reasonable settlement value of your claim is in the neighborhood of 5 to 8 thousand dollars. This claim is what is termed as "soft tissue" and litigation in such a case should be avoided due to the overall value versus the final expenses, costs, time and aggravation to you. In other words, avoid litigation if at all possible.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

Sierra

do you mean $5 - $8k INCLUDING my Medical Bills or in addition to my medical bills??????????????????????????????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sierra:
do you mean $5 - $8k INCLUDING my Medical Bills or in addition to my medical bills??????????????????????????????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Including your meds. Not including your property damage however.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

Sierra

Yikes! I thought I would be able to get more than that.... oh well! something is better than nothing!

By the way I live in the state of Florida...does that mean I will get even less???? Florida is a No-Fault state and my insurance company (State Farm) is paying 80% of my bills and the guy who hit me has Progressive. Progressive HAS to pay for ALL of my medical bills right??

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!again!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Yikes! I thought I would be able to get more than that.... oh well! something is better than nothing!

By the way I live in the state of Florida...does that mean I will get even less???? Florida is a No-Fault state and my insurance company (State Farm) is paying 80% of my bills and the guy who hit me has Progressive. Progressive HAS to pay for ALL of my medical bills right??

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!again!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Talk to your attorney. He's there for you.
Good luck to you. Oh, and by the way, when "No Fault" comes up on the Ballot again, you know how to vote.

IAAL

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">