• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the bar also responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvbskts

My husband was hit Thursday night by a drunk driver. Her blood alcohol was 1.6, twice the legal limit. As of right now, we don't know if she has insurance. Luckily my husband didn't have anything more than bumps and bruises. The car he was driving only had PL/PD. It was an older car that wrecked in Sept. It was still in great shape and a nice car. I'm afraid to contact our insurance company. I'm scared that they will cancel us. We've only had 2 wrecks, but they've been within the last 6 months. The wreck I had in Sept. the lady pulled out in front of me, but she had no insurance. This is the question that I have...
If this driver has no insurance is the bar, if we can find out who that is, also legal responsible for serving her that much alcohol and then letting her drive? Help!

JETX

"If this driver has no insurance is the bar, if we can find out who that is, also legal responsible for serving her that much alcohol and then letting her drive?"
*** If you can prove that knowingly allowed her to get drunk, AND knew that had a vehicle in the parking lot and KNEW that she was going to drive, then you MIGHT make a case against the bar.
And of course, this lawsuit would likely cost more than your vehicle is worth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">