• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the lawyer milking the client?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Justinian

Texas- Hi! I must first say that I am very pleased with the amount of free info. on this site, it's my first time on.
Anyway, this is the question. My parents are divorcing. I have spoken to both and neither one wants it drag on any longer. So, with both parties being complient to eachother, why does it take so long to split mutual assetts? Is it possible that a particular attorney may be purposely prolonging things for the benefit of their own pockets? Also, if one desires to fire their attorney in the middle of everything, does this mean the process of divorce has to start over? It just seems to me that by the time it's all said & done there will be no assetts to split because of all the legal fees.
Thank you for your time.

Z

z24inissan

LAWYERS

Yes you can fire an Attorney at any time during any process and it won't start over the divorce. If it is such an amicable Divorce you shouldn't need a lawyer just spell out who gets what and have them both sign the paperwork and file it with the Courts. It's that simple. But a LAWYER will never tell you that.

Good Luck BRAD:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">