• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the pool company responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FaithSands

We purchased a pool in July 2000. The pool company gave us the name of an installer. We
called the installer to put up the pool. They did a not so good job, such as not putting in the leg plates and all the harbolite. The installer told me that he ordered me a new liner because I was not satisfied with the work. He also informed me that he is the only installer that provided a year warrenty on his work. Two months passed and my pool started to loose water. I have called him on numerous occations with no action. I called the pool dealer and they came out and patched the pool but said that the liner would have to be changed due to the leg plates. The pool dealer first said that the installer had signed a contract with them to install correctly and that they may have to sue him. Then the dealer said that they were not responsable for this situation and that I would be on my own.
Please tell me if the pool dealer is responsible cause they gave me the name of the installer. Seems like they should be due to I could not have purchased this 16X32 pool without an installer. Thankyou

JETX

What does your contract(s) say ('company' and installer)??

Did the 'company' recommend and suggest this installer, or just give you his number and leave the responsibility to you??

Personally, it sounds like you might have a complaint against both parties. I suggest you right a letter detailing your problems, your disatisfaction with their work and give them a specific deadline on a response (10 business days??). Address it to BOTH parties and mail it certified.

Then, if no response after the deadline, take your complaint to small claims court. Party both of them.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">