• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there another way? Q in bold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?fl

I have to get back to the state attorneys office soon. I want ex to get alcohol counseling before being w/ baby unsupervised. I was told I would probably have to re open domestic violence case on the grounds that i was 8 mo. preg. and it was not disclosed to prosecuter or judge (brings charge from misdemeanor to felony) I was dumb and thought he would get help on his own. His lawyer told me he would most likely go to jail for 15 yr max if I didnt do what he (lawyer) told me to do. Case was dropped due to lack of ev.(i wouldnt cooperate upon lawyers orders). I really dont want to go through this again and he is already in the hole w/ prev. charge lawyer fees but i need to see that he gets help for our boys sake. Is the previous charge enough for ordered counseling n rehab program or do i need to persue the case. Is there anything else I could do instead?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:
What is the name of your state?fl

iIhave to get back to the state att. office soon. I want ex to get alc. counseling before being w/ baby unsupervised. I was told I would prob. have to re open DV case on the grounds that i was 8 mo. preg. and it was not disclosed to att. or judge (brings charge from misd. to felony) I was dumb and thought he would get help on his own and his lawyer told me he would most likely go to jail for 15 yr max if I didnt do what he (lawyer) told me to do. Case was dropped due to lack of ev.(i wouldnt cooperate upon lawyers orders). I really dont want to go through this again and he is already in the hole w/ prev. charge lawyer fees but i need to see that he gets help for our boys sake. Is the prev. charge enough for ordered counseling n rehab program or do i need to persue the case. Is there anything else I could do instead?
Rewrite this without abbreviations and slang and editorial comments.

I have no idea what you are asking.

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:
sorry..... edited**************.question in bold
I give up. I have no idea what you are talking about.

BUT

how did the prosecutor and judge miss that you were 8 months pregnant?

I was told I would probably have to re open domestic violence case on the grounds that i was 8 mo. preg.

seniorjudge said:
I give up. I have no idea what you are talking about.

BUT

how did the prosecutor and judge miss that you were 8 months pregnant?

I was told I would probably have to re open domestic violence case on the grounds that i was 8 mo. preg.

The lawyer did something so i didnt have to go to court and told me to lay low/ go out of town till its blown over he'll take care of it. I didnt know better Ive never dealt w/ the law and im only 20. I still dont know much about what happened. Im asking if the police report from domestic battery under the influnce of alcohol is enough to get him ordered into rehab or counseling? I was told to have case re opened and persue it to ensure he would have to get help. Id rather not if I dont have to so I was wondering if the report is enough.

Zephyr

newmommy20 said:
The lawyer did something so i didnt have to go to court and told me to lay low/ go out of town till its blown over he'll take care of it. I didnt know better Ive never dealt w/ the law and im only 20. I still dont know much about what happened. Im asking if the police report from domestic battery under the influnce of alcohol is enough to get him ordered into rehab or counseling? I was told to have case re opened and persue it to ensure he would have to get help. Id rather not if I dont have to so I was wondering if the report is enough.

I believe that lawyer may have broken the law!!!!!

but your version does sound like a usa movie :rolleyes:

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:
Im asking if the police report from domestic battery under the influnce of alcohol is enough to get him ordered into rehab or counseling?

I doubt it; but no one can answer these questions.

Zephyr said:
I believe that lawyer may have broken the law!!!!!

but your version does sound like a usa movie :rolleyes:

u like movies huh lifetime....usa.....
no offense but can i get an answer and yes i was told and i quote "dont return any calls, dont talk to anyone about it and if you can stay out of your house go to a friends or your parents house so they cant serve you w/ anything, the lower you lay the better unless you want him in jail for up to 15 yrs. you dont want that do you"

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:
u like movies huh lifetime....usa.....
no offense but can i get an answer and yes i was told and i quote "dont return any calls, dont talk to anyone about it and if you can stay out of your house go to a friends or your parents house so they cant serve you w/ anything, the lower you lay the better unless you want him in jail for up to 15 yrs. you dont want that do you"
No one can give you an answer.

Zephyr

here's your answer- the court is not there for you to jerk around through your relationship roller coaster, if and when you try to reopen this, they won't take you seriously because YOU are the reason they weren't able to do it right the first time. And they will figure out that you are only reopening it for your own personal reasons which have nothing to do with the actual assault.

how's that for an answer

Zephyr said:
here's your answer- the court is not there for you to jerk around through your relationship roller coaster, if and when you try to reopen this, they won't take you seriously because YOU are the reason they weren't able to do it right the first time. And they will figure out that you are only reopening it for your own personal reasons which have nothing to do with the actual assault.

how's that for an answer
good thanx I didnt want to anyway I was told I should to protect baby but ill just have to pray n hope i get a judge that will see the need for rehab

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">