• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything I can do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Someone1

California

I would like to know I can pursue my sister in civil or criminal court for assault (she stabbed my with a letter opener, though there was no serious damage). The thing is, we are both under 18. Is there anything I can do and how would I go about doing it?

Thanks

HomeGuru

Someone1 said:
California

I would like to know I can pursue my sister in civil or criminal court for assault (she stabbed my with a letter opener, though there was no serious damage). The thing is, we are both under 18. Is there anything I can do and how would I go about doing it?

Thanks
**A: have you tried shooting her with the stapler?

S

Someone1

Sarcastic people on the internet, that's new. :eek:

I am serious. A bone stopped the damn thing and 1 cm over and it would have went a good way through my arm. My parents were to lazy to do anything about it (in terms of punishment) and just rationalized it in their head and went on. I want to do something.

JETX

"I would like to know I can pursue my sister in civil or criminal court for assault (she stabbed my with a letter opener, though there was no serious damage). The thing is, we are both under 18. Is there anything I can do and how would I go about doing it?"
*** Of course you can contact your local police and attempt to file a complaint. They will then contact your parents. The net result would be that your sister MIGHT face criminal assault charges and have to appear in court. And that will require an attorney, that her/your parents will likely have to pay for. Kind of a catch-22, huh??

HomeGuru

Someone1 said:
Sarcastic people on the internet, that's new. :eek:

I am serious. A bone stopped the damn thing and 1 cm over and it would have went a good way through my arm. My parents were to lazy to do anything about it (in terms of punishment) and just rationalized it in their head and went on. I want to do something.
**A: seriously, none of this is your fault you know. Your parents are to blame for everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">