• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there no chance of compensation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rita

In 1994 I fell down a flight of stairs at work, Landing on my arm and back. For four years I was in constant pain. After taking xrays Workers comp doctors told me I had only soft tissue damage and that it would eventualy heal, prescribing only pain pills and heat pads for that entire four year period. I was informed by workers comp at that time that they were going to drop me from their rolls. A month later I was fired in 1998 for unknown reason. I recieved the highest evaluations for the 8 years I was employed there? That year was very difficult for me. I was out of work and really hurting bad. Towards the end of the year I couldn't handle the pain in my wrist and my back any longer and sought medical aid from a private source in June 1999. It was then that I discovered through an MRI that I had fractured L2 in my back flush to the spine and 4 other rib fractures. My doctor told me Scar tissue had developed and was causing pain and bowel problems. Another MRI discovered vascular necrosis from the wrist injury had set in over the four year period resulting in Kienbocks {Death of the wrist bone bundle}. I have thought of legal assistance, but have been informed from one attorney that I do not have a case as by Florida law I am unable to sue for medical mal-practice since it has been four years after the time of the accident. For over four years these doctors mis diagnosed my injuries! It truly seems there is no protection or justice for people without money within the legal system.

P

Patricia Ross

Rita, please help I sent a message but it is not showing, what did you select to first start your request?
Thank you and good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">