• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a HIPPA violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary0027

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My ex-husband was picking up his Rx at OSCO. My birth control pills were brought to the counter along with his Rx. We are divorced, I carry my own insurance, the Rx was identified by my name. I feel OSCO was negligent in letting him see my Rx. I also feel that Rx that are easily identifiable should not be in clear bags for everyone to see. OSCO should only bring the Rx of the person (first and last) name that is requested

Last edited:

ellencee

My goodness. If your bc pills had been brought to the counter with my RX, would you want to file a complaint against the store? Probably not. You think your ex cares if you take bc pills? I doubt it. If you feel guilty about needing bc pills, well, you know how to avoid the need, don't you?

You are more than welcome to waste the government's time and taxpayers' money by filing a complaint. Do a web search for HIPAA and on the main page, left column, near the end of the page, there is a complaint form. Fill it out and click "send".

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">