• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a scam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Benjamin79

I got an email, many, I always get them about credit improvement and what not, I usually just delete it, but this time I was curious. This man stated that he had started a program. He stated that legally you dont have to give your SSN# on credit applications. That you are only required by law (Privacy act 1974) to give your SSN to the government and your employer, this therefore does not include credit applications. So he details a new SSN for you to use for a brand new credit background, you give him an alternate address, and phone number for your new credit history and Voila! Basically thats the jist of it anyways. Send check or money order to so and so at so and so.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benjamin79:
I got an email, many, I always get them about credit improvement and what not, I usually just delete it, but this time I was curious. This man stated that he had started a program. He stated that legally you dont have to give your SSN# on credit applications. That you are only required by law (Privacy act 1974) to give your SSN to the government and your employer, this therefore does not include credit applications. So he details a new SSN for you to use for a brand new credit background, you give him an alternate address, and phone number for your new credit history and Voila! Basically thats the jist of it anyways. Send check or money order to so and so at so and so. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is a scam. If you get a new second SSN, I have some swamp and volcano land you can buy with absolutely no down payment. Your excellent new credit will help you to qualify to buy 2 lots for the price of one at 1% interest rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">