• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this against the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t74

That would not be in the best interest of the children because they would hardly get to see dad since he works nights. Mom is not being stubborn, dad is being both disrespectful AND stubborn. This is a divorce situation. Its just not nice what dad is doing.
The conflict is not good for the children. Neither parent is behaving in the children's best interest.

Dad is premature dating and bringing that individual into his children's lives. That being said, I see nothing wrong with dad having a conversation with anyone - well maybe not his bookie - while watching the children. If parents cannot behave, remove the children from the situation causing the conflict. Dad will see kids less although he should make sure the parenting plan is appropriate; mom will have to negotiate the problems of picking children up at a distance from her house. Maybe they will realize they had a good deal and learn to behave better and argue about important things. The children deserve better!

LdiJ

The conflict is not good for the children. Neither parent is behaving in the children's best interest.

Dad is premature dating and bringing that individual into his children's lives. That being said, I see nothing wrong with dad having a conversation with anyone - well maybe not his bookie - while watching the children. If parents cannot behave, remove the children from the situation causing the conflict. Dad will see kids less although he should make sure the parenting plan is appropriate; mom will have to negotiate the problems of picking children up at a distance from her house. Maybe they will realize they had a good deal and learn to behave better and argue about important things. The children deserve better!
Video chatting and including the children in the video chat is very different than having a brief phone call.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Although separated, you are correct. The relationship IS finished, just not technically, so again, youre correct. I dont feel im being a bad parental example overall(maybe in the marriage/separation/divorce aspect), but respect your opinion.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Um, no.

Until you actually have a finalized divorce, you don't know what you're talking about. Believe me. I have survived a divorce in NY. And during my separation and divorce action I'd talk to other people who would say the same things that you've been saying here, because for one reason or another they were "technically married" but "the relationship is over". But the further as I progressed to a finalized divorce, the more I realized these others didn't know what they were talking about.

So, are you just separated, or has one of you at least filed? And who's contesting what, if it's not settled already? Riiiight.

You've got a long way to go.

And yes, Mom can go to court and ask for a court order that you not talk to girlfriends while at her house. The judge can choose to enact such an order or not. Should the judge issue such a court order, there are legal consequences to violating the court order. If you "correct" the judge, as you have sought to correct everyone else here, that could include cooling your feet in jail.

Mom may decide that you are simply no longer welcome in her household. You may have to pay for after school care or provide transportation. In fact, she really should get rid of this arrangement. It is not sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">