• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this America ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Daughter leaves convicted sex offender, SSD dependent husband and visits parents in OK with minor child. Mother-in-law and CSF husband show up with "emergency" court order ( ? ) to take minor child back to Ne. Child doesn't go back to NE and Mother receives divorce papers from NE. Cout appearence is required ( in NE ) and judge awards temp. custody of minor child to Mother-in-law, pending psych. evaluations of both parents ( CSF husband receives SSD due to psych. problems ) . M-I-L works in county law enforcement and knows the judge, sheriff, etc., well. ( this is a very small town )
( M-I-L uses post partem depression against childs bio. Mom ) How can bio. Mom get custody back. Is change of venue an option ? Should minor child still be receiving SSD benefits ? I really need HELP !!
Gram in OK


Senior Member
NE has jurisdiction.
SSDI dependents benefits continue, current guardian is eligible to be Rep Payee (mil)
Mom should cooperate with psych evals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential