• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this considered running away?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

august1601

I live in Tennessee
okay so, I have repeatedly been told "you have until August 16 to find a place and leave" and "get up and start working on a place to go". I have pictures and screenshots of all of this, what I am wondering is if i were to leave would i get in trouble? I turn 18 in a month and a half, i've already graduated, i have my license, i have two jobs and a plan for when i can move. so if i did leave i'd be set and everything so i'd be safe and able to support myself. if it was considered running away would the police actively search for me? would i still be able to go to work without being scared the police would show up and take me home? or would they just file the report and only take me home if they interacted with me due to my age?
thank you

quincy

I live in Tennessee
okay so, I have repeatedly been told "you have until August 16 to find a place and leave" and "get up and start working on a place to go". I have pictures and screenshots of all of this, what I am wondering is if i were to leave would i get in trouble? I turn 18 in a month and a half, i've already graduated, i have my license, i have two jobs and a plan for when i can move. so if i did leave i'd be set and everything so i'd be safe and able to support myself. if it was considered running away would the police actively search for me? would i still be able to go to work without being scared the police would show up and take me home? or would they just file the report and only take me home if they interacted with me due to my age?
thank you
Who do you think would report you as a runaway, if you were given consent by parent/guardian to leave?

At age almost-18, with a place to live and a means of independent support, it seems unlikely at best that the police would return you to your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">