• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IS THIS CONSIDRED A LEASE AGREEMENT?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TAMARAM25

I HAVE LIVED IN A DUPLEX FOR 2 YEARS. WHEN I MOVED IN I DID SIGN A PIECE OF PAPER THAT THE LANDLORD HAD HAND WRIITEN OUT. IT WAS VERY VAGUE AND HAD NO TIME FRAME INCLUDED THE LETTER AS TO WHEN THE LEASE WOULD EXPIRE. IT JUST SAID THE RENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH AND IF WE NEEDED REPAIRS TO JUST CALL HIM AND THAT THE LAWN NEEDS TO BE MAINTAINED. IT DOES NOT MENTION ANY THING CONCERNING EVICTION. NOW THAT HE HAS GIVEN ME 30 DAYS TO MOVE OUT,IN RETALIATION TO MY REQUESTING REPAIRS WILL THAT "LEASE" PROTECT ME IN ANYWAY? WHAT IS MY RECOURSE? THANKS FOR ANY HELP WITH THIS VERY STRESSING MATTER! OH AND DJD BE NICE (SHEEEESH)!!!

D

djdj

how can I be nice......you screwed up.

he gave you a 30 day notice to move ya gotta be out by the end of the month..

Since you have NO LEASE....YOU are considered a month to month tenant!

SO learn from this, expensive mistake, and never live without a lease that has no dates, and get everything else in writing..PERIOD!

I really am tring to be nice, but you dont have any choice but to move.

[Edited by djdj on 02-06-2001 at 11:29 PM]

T

TAMARAM25

UGGHGGHH

SO I GUESS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT PIECE OF PAPER I SIGNED WAS USELESS?? YOU ARE RIGHT I SCREWED UP! LIVE AND LEARN.

D

djdj

YES it was not a real lease, it didnt have dates it didnt have anything resembling duties and responsiblities of each side....

So how can it be considered anything more then a month to month "lease"

Sorry man.....the landlord put one over on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">