• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this defamation, invasion of privacy ect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

You located the book. I thought perhaps too much identifying information was included in the posts.

I agree that the father was not someone whose reputation can be saved.

Jamie would be best served by not speaking too much about the book or his father, if he wants to avoid attention.

Last edited:

Just Blue

You Dad killed your grandparents and nonchalantly walked out of the house with you, waving at your great-grandparents, saying, "Just some fire crackers. No harm done." He was not a nice person.

No one thinks the recovering heroin addict is an angel. It's a self published book.
That is a pretty monstrous thing to do.

Just Blue

You located the book. I [Ithought[/I] perhaps too much identifying information was included in the posts. :)

Jamie would be best served by not speaking too much about the book or his father, if he wants to avoid attention.
Jamie would be well served by getting some therapy to come to terms with what his father did. Because it seems like he is in a bit of denial with what his father did.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You located the book. I thought perhaps too much identifying information was included in the posts. :)

Using one's real life name is always a bad idea.

I actually found a post in another forum, from one of OP's mother's cousins, dating to the time OP's father was still on the lam. The cousin was understandably a bit upset.

*Then* I was able to find the relevant articles that led me to the author. (I'm not *that* clever.)

Perhaps OP would like to sue all the maternal relatives for defamation too.

quincy

I think that too much information is being provided here. The whole purpose of removing the book title was to protect Jamie from further harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">