• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilostinker

This last week, I had to go to Urgent care becauses I had a bad combination headache. Doc gave me a note to stay home the next day. Meds given could not be taken at work. I had to work anyway because there was no one to cover shift and I didn't want to get fired. There is note on schedule that says if you don't show up for shift, you are terminated. I left a note telling boss, who I was told by Asst. Mgr. would be in that evening, that I had worked when I had a docs note but couldn't come in the next day. This was yesterday that I stayed home. I called this morning and was told I was not fired but I was not scheduled to work for the next week. I have never even been late and others have called because of being drunk and sick, have been caught stealing, are consistently late, or don't do their job, and they were not taken off the schedule. However, they are all much younger than me, as are me bosses. I live in Nevada, can this be considered discrimination?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">