• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this going to work? Desperate!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkinmiss

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I have tried to do the best I can to respond to the summons that I recieved for the Interpleader/Complaint that
the insurance company filed. I have tried and have not been able to get an attorney to help me I have met with and called numerous lawyers but to no avail.(Reference) my other post "Insurance and the Secondary Beneficiary".
I am going to cut out the names for privacy purposes and if anyone can tell me if this is going to be good enough as mine and my sisters response. She lives with me and is disabled so I did one for us both and am going to let her sign at the bottom as well.
at the top of the document I have it Centered with the word "Response" and I dropped down and put all the information that was on the top of my Summons such as the name of the county, state, plaintiff, defendants, cause no and so on....
the rest reads as follows....

COMES NOW the Defendant, <My name>, <My sisters name> for answer to Plaintiff’s Complaint states and alleges as follows:

1. Defendants(S) are residents of Mississippi and have been served with lawful process of this court by the Sheriff George County Pursuant to the Plaintiff’s Exhibit “A” List of Defendants.

2. Defendant(S) admits to being heirs of <Name of Insured> and to having an interest in the insurance policy benefits referred to in the complaint. Pursuant to the Plaintiff’s Exhibit “D” The Primary Beneficiary <Policy Primary Beneficiary> has disclaimed her beneficial interest in the life insurance policies.

Dated this ____ day of _____, 2007

My Name
My Sisters Name
Mine and my Sister's address

Certificate of Service
It is hereby certified that a true and correct copy of the foregoing Answer was mailed on the ______ day of ______, 2007 by Certified Mail, to the following individual(S):
Attorney for Insurance company to which I have to mail the response
Address to which I have to send the response

Respectfully
my name

Betty

I don't know why an attorney will not give you any assistance. However, it seems as if what you posted should be ok. If not, the court clerk should let you know if correct procedure was not followed.

nikkinmiss

Thanks again Betty

I appreciate your reply yet again, I have been half nuts trying to get this done and as close to being in correct form as possible, I Don't know why I have not been able to get an attorney to help me either, It's not like I was asking them to do it for free, I even paid one attorney $200.00 to help me file this response. He told me how much it was going to be and had me leave a copy of the summons at his office, next day he calls me and tells me that he will be unable to help me. That one cost me and I can't afford to pay anyone else to turn me down. I understand his time is worth money but shoot he never should have agreed to to it. All in all I have spoken with about 20 attorney's. I really do appreciate this site.

Dandy Don

What is the value of the insurance policies? Did you mention this value when interviewing with potential attorneys?

Is there someone else in the family who is alleging that they have a more valid claim to this money than you and your sister, thus perhaps threatening legal action to have the matter resolved?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

nikkinmiss

Yes I have mentioned to the attorney's that the total of the policies $375.000 they feel its such a long shot because the killers son is named as the sucessor on the policy. I do understand that its a long shot and they don't feel its worth their time. My problem is that I just wanted them to help me file a repsonse to the summons. Each of the the attorny's would tell me that it would be no problem then the next day they would call me and back out. The guy that is named as the successor on the policy is married to a very prominant attorney and I am sure that he hasn't had one bit of problem getting help with his response. I guess I shouldn't be as angry as I am about all this but I can't seem to help it. Even if the money is granted to the successor(which I think it will be) I won't just sit back and see it happen without at least trying to fight it. This guy is just going to turn around and give it to the killer to help with appeals and such. And the killer isn't even in jail yet. she only served 5 days after her conviction before being let out on appeal bond. Hmmmmmmm maybe that is why I am so angry... :eek:
Anyway I do thank you for your response
Sincerely,
Nikki

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">