• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this illegal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

l_osegueda

Is it illegal for a bank to cash a photostatic copy of a check? Please help. I am interested also in talking with anybody who has had problems with Greenpoint Credit Corp. PLEASE reply I am from North Carolina and this has happened to me and nobody seems to think it's against the law.

[This message has been edited by l_osegueda (edited July 23, 2000).]

D

dsut

A photostatic check? Yes. In 43 of the 50 states, and unsure of the territories. In the People's Republic of China it is legal, though. Oh! You're NOT in China. Hmmm. Ok. Then what state are you in? Do expect people to be psychic?

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">