• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal/can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cantareadio

California

Personal issues aside, is this legal and can I sue?

I'm seeing someone who is married but separated. I sent her flowers to her work place in Oklahoma. I didn't have my name on the message, but of course it was on my purchase info with the flower shop. The guy who delivered the flowers, who is friends with my lady's husband, told him and the husband got my personal info from the flower shop. My lady begged me not to answer if the husband calls or texts me.

Isn't this illegal?? What can I do?

LdiJ

California

I'm seeing someone who is married but separated. I sent her flowers to her work place in Oklahoma. I didn't have my name on the message, but of course it was on my purchase info with the flower shop. The guy who delivered the flowers, who is friends with my lady's husband, told him and the husband got my personal info from the flower shop. My lady begged me not to answer if the husband calls or texts me.

What are your damages? You have to have damages to sue.

However, I would certainly talk to the owner of the flower shop about what happened. I suspect that they will not be happy that their employees gave out that kind of information (whether the employee was friends with someone or not).

quincy

California

Defamation is the communication of false statements. The disclosure of your information was not nice and may have violated the flower shop's policy, but it was not defamation.

I see no legal action for you to pursue.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What law do you believe was broken? Are you under the impression that "who bought the flowers" is confidential information by law? (Hint - it's not. It may or may not violate store policy, but it's not legally protected information.)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
California

And? Maybe you shouldn't be seeing a married woman. You and her get no sympathy. How do you know she is separated if she lives in OK and you are in CA?

TigerD

California

1. You can stop screwing around with married women.
2. You are exposing yourself to civil and possibly physical action by the spouse.
3. She isn't your lady. If women were property you could possess, she would already be possessed by the person to whom she is married.

TD

Just Blue

1. You can stop screwing around with married women.
2. You are exposing yourself to civil and possibly physical action by the spouse.
3. She isn't your lady. If women were property you could possess, she would already be possessed by the person to whom she is married.

TD
To add to the above ^ post; One should be very cautious with wo/men who start new relationships without finishing the old relationship. Lots of nasty drama. Remember...What she does with you she will do to you.

quincy

I recommend you follow "your lady's"
advice and do not answer any calls or texts from her husband. That can only end badly.

On the plus side: It was nice of you to send flowers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">