• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alicia57

What is the name of your state? Idaho

My father in law passed away 5 years ago without a will. My mother hounded my husband and other siblings to sign over any rights they may have had to her. My husband wanted to talk with an attorney to see if this was in his best or not. One day when the family was all together minus my husband I was preasured into signing for him. He was not present and did not give his consent. They told me that as his wife I could sign for him. He has regreted that I signed since that day. He told the attorney who handles his mother's estate if that was leglay binding. He told him that he represented his mother and could not answer his questions. We live in Arizona but the state in question is Idaho. Does my husband have any rights and what avenues can he pursue.

Dandy Don

Why did you wait so long to try to do anything about this? You may have waited too late, perhaps due to a statute of limitations. Ask an attorney to look at the probate file to see if there is anything he can do to correct the situation.

BelizeBreeze

alicia57 said:
What is the name of your state? Idaho

My father in law passed away 5 years ago without a will. My mother hounded my husband and other siblings to sign over any rights they may have had to her. My husband wanted to talk with an attorney to see if this was in his best or not. One day when the family was all together minus my husband I was preasured into signing for him. He was not present and did not give his consent. They told me that as his wife I could sign for him. He has regreted that I signed since that day. He told the attorney who handles his mother's estate if that was leglay binding. He told him that he represented his mother and could not answer his questions. We live in Arizona but the state in question is Idaho. Does my husband have any rights and what avenues can he pursue.
Is the estate still in probate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">