• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug02346

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I have my merchant account at Sovereign Bank. They process their credit card transactions through First Data. I put through my first credit card order to see how smoothly the process worked. I used my credit card from another bank, called Mayflower Coop, to make the transaction. Seconds after I did I saw sat that the amount that I charged through Mayflower was deducted from my account. That looked okay. Then I checked my merchant account at Sovereign and the charge from my card was not as yet posted as a credit. A whole day went by. No credit. Two days. Nothing. I called First Data's customer service and they told me it typically takes 24 - 48 hours for a charge to be credited. Now it has been 80 hours and I still see nothing. Is that legal? What are they doing with my money while I wait for the credit to be deposited into my merchant account. Are they getting interest on it?

Please, someone, enlighten me!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I have my merchant account at Sovereign Bank. They process their credit card transactions through First Data. I put through my first credit card order to see how smoothly the process worked. I used my credit card from another bank, called Mayflower Coop, to make the transaction. Seconds after I did I saw sat that the amount that I charged through Mayflower was deducted from my account. That looked okay. Then I checked my merchant account at Sovereign and the charge from my card was not as yet posted as a credit. A whole day went by. No credit. Two days. Nothing. I called First Data's customer service and they told me it typically takes 24 - 48 hours for a charge to be credited. Now it has been 80 hours and I still see nothing. Is that legal? What are they doing with my money while I wait for the credit to be deposited into my merchant account. Are they getting interest on it?

Please, someone, enlighten me!
What did First Data say when you called them after the 48 hours were up? There could be a technical glitch that needs to be worked out. That should be your next step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">