• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnny5

NEW JERSEY..I am a young financial planner who is fairly new to the business. The company I work for does not provide me with clients, therefore it is up to me to generate my own clients. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to buy leads. However leads can be very costly. I also do a mass mailing in which I send a business reply card in an envelope to people offering them a free guide to retirement planning, college funding, estate planning, or life/health/disability/long-term care insurance. They fill out the card and mail it back to me postage free. It usually generates an interest and I can get an appointment out of it. Which is what I want. This mass mailing can also be very costly. I would like to be able to hand these out to people that I come in contact with every day. Also since I am fairly young and I have quite a bit of energy, I would like to be able put these cards on cars and on the front door of homes. I know it is illegal to put them in mailboxes so I won't do that. My question is am I able to do this and in what capacity? Cars? Doors? Sidewalk? Public Property? Private Property? If questions can't be answered how can I find out the answer? Call the town? County? Thanks

ALawyer

If you ask you'll have some level of safety if they say "okay" -- but I doubt that they will say okay. And it also may tick off many people. There usually are lots of laws on the books that prevent this kind of thing, that are enforced only randomly, when someone complains of it gores someone's ox. Like the guy who sells insurance part time....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">