• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this malpractice ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtkmdk94

my name is robert ketchum, my wife and i live in tulsa, oklahoma. in the spring of 1999, my wife was diagnosed with a prolactin producing adenoma. she had surgery for this in july of that year. the surgeon's opinion at the time of the surgery was that the tumor had grown to such a size that it had cut off its' own blood supply and died. this is for when he entered the pituitary gland area, what he discovered was a milky-like substance which made him believe that the afore mentioned had occured. in the fall of 2000, the symptoms of the tumor started to appear again and in february of this year was diagnosed again with yet another prolactin producing adenoma. the treatment for this tumor was the same as the last surgery with the exception of her undergoing radiation treatments afterward, something that was never mentioned before, during, or after the last surgery. the proceedure went as planned, recovery has been proceeding as normal until a couple weeks ago, she had an m.r.i. performed which showed that the tumor was coming back and she's starting to experience the symptoms again. she was to start radiation this week. she finds out today that the radiation treatments will not be done because apparantly the pathology department at the hospital left out the fact that what the neurosurgeon removed from my wife's head was of adenomic nature and with out this information, the radiation can not be done. the radiologists' and neurosurgeons' plan is to now wait for two months and have another m.r.i. done to determine a course of action. does this sound like a situation that should be pursued in a malpractice suit??? Email responses to [email protected]. thank you.

[Edited by rtkmdk94 on 05-09-2001 at 09:03 PM]

ALawyer

The issue is one of damages. Assuming the doctor's care really was below the prevailing level of care in the community, did his failure have an impact.

Contact a malpractice lawyer who will review the facts with you, free, and give you an intelligent basis to make an assessment. My sense is that there is no claim, but I am NOT a malpractice lawyer or an OK lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">