• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this medical malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deliq

Last March I had A vaginal hysterectomy.
It was a day surgery with no complications. 2 days after the hospital called to check on my recovery status. I told them I didnt feel I was recovering as I should be, as I was vometing, & very weak (to the point that all I was doing was laying on the couch all day other than to get up & shower,& I would litteraly need to take a nap after doing so) I was told to stop taking the pain killers prescribed to me. I followed their instructions & by the next day I was discharging a massive amount of dark brown fluid(blood??) I called the Dr. who did the surgery & after waiting 6 hrs for the office to call back The receptionist told me that the Dr. said I must have an infection& had called in another prescription. Again, I followed directions & took the prescription. We're now going on 5 or 6 days after the surgery with no one wanting to physically examine me. finaly on the 6th or 7th day my husband brought me back to the hospital. part of my medical report is as follows: I was jaundiced, had a high white count of 23,000 elevated bilirubin, hyperdynamic cardiac output. a ct scan was consistent with an abscess in the pelvis. the initial impression was possible post op. bleed & infected hematoma. i was given a transfusion of 1 unit of blood before exploritory surgery, & 3 more units during surgery. the surgery revealed some loops of small bowel stuck in my pelvis, but it was not injured.
I was told I had A strep infection in my body when the initial surgery was done & it "jumped into the incision " causing toxic shock. Couldent this have been prevented if I was told to come back into the Dr.office? I ended up taking 8 weeks to recover instead of one,& now live with an 8 or 9 inch scar.Not to mention the fact that I almost died. I am 34 yrs & have 3 young children who need a mom! do you think this is just an unfortunate situation or that it could be a case of malpractice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">