• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this normal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cyndi59

Pennsylvania
My daughter has 3 children. The father of the first had a CS hearing 2 days ago. Our lawyer went. The mediator said he shouldn't have to pay anything due to economic times. Our lawyer went in front of the Judge and all he has to pay is $50.00 per month (due to economic times.)
My daughter's husband (soon to be divorced) because she has a PFA doesn't have to pay anything because they are afraid that if she persues the CS he may try to hurt her or the kids. This sounds stupid!
What do you think?:rolleyes:

Just Blue

Pennsylvania
My daughter has 3 children. The father of the first had a CS hearing 2 days ago. Our lawyer went. The mediator said he shouldn't have to pay anything due to economic times. Our lawyer went in front of the Judge and all he has to pay is $50.00 per month (due to economic times.)
My daughter's husband (soon to be divorced) because she has a PFA doesn't have to pay anything because they are afraid that if she persues the CS he may try to hurt her or the kids. This sounds stupid!
What do you think?:rolleyes:
Personally I think she really needs to post for herself. :)

CJane

You don't have all the facts of the case. Your daughter needs to come here, court orders in hand, and ask questions.

OR, since she's paying an attorney already, she needs to address her questions to him/her.

Cyndi59

If she could get on a computer, she would ask for herself. Her daughter us 22 months old and her son is 17 days old so, she's a little busy.
The court order for dad #1 50.00 per month plus $5.00 towards arrearages.
Letter from the court on Father #2
Due to terrorist threats and the health and betterment of the children, we have decided to forgo CS at this time.

haiku

I am going to take a wild guess and figure neither one of these guys probably has a substantial verifiable income to begin with?...

Cyndi59

Father #1 has a (part time)job at a supermarket.
Father #2 was just THROWN out of the military for going AWOl.
He now has a full-time job at Walmart.

Gracie3787

Letter from the court on Father #2
Due to terrorist threats and the health and betterment of the children, we have decided to forgo CS at this time.
What do you mean a "letter from the court"?

A letter is NOT a court order.
Is this an actual court order, signed by a Judge?

Or, is it a letter from your daughter and the state CSE agency, written tothe court?

LdiJ

Father #1 has a (part time)job at a supermarket.
Father #2 was just THROWN out of the military for going AWOl.
He now has a full-time job at Walmart.
Well, the most that your daughter could hope for is child support based on full time minimum wage from each father, which is not much.

If dad #2 truly is dangerous to your daughter and the children, not rocking the boat may be wise at this point.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
"Terrorist threat"??? :rolleyes:

Bullcrap. Can't stand people who use words they clearly do not know the meaning of.
The bar for "terrorist threat" is much lower than what you are thinking.
Calling somebody on the phone and saying "I'm going to shoot you" could rise to the level of a terrorist threat, in the legal sense.

meanyjack

Calling somebody on the phone and saying "I'm going to shoot you" could rise to the level of a terrorist threat, in the legal sense.
I'm aware of that, but c'mon -- let's be realistic here. It's simply a 'threat' for all intents and purposes. Plus, has this person been deemed a terrorist? Highly doubt it. We just have a poster who is trying to take the drama up a couple of notches by carelessly throwing words around.

Just Blue

I'm aware of that, but c'mon -- let's be realistic here. It's simply a 'threat' for all intents and purposes. Plus, has this person been deemed a terrorist? Highly doubt it. We just have a poster who is trying to take the drama up a couple of notches by carelessly throwing words around.
One doesn't have to be a "Terrorist" to inspire terror. A terroristic threat is one that inspires terror in a person.

txmom512

Actually meanyjack, I know of this poster from another board where they have posted more details. This OP is not one for drama, their family has truly been through a lot.

And she's trying to get advice from something they received - those words came from what they received, they are not made up by her...

Cyndi59

Thank you TXmom512

Yes, We've been through alot. Not only my daughter, but me and her father, she lives with us. We didnot (my fault) receive papers, my daughter received Court Orders. Because her second child is terminally ill, her SSI case worker informed the court that his terroristic behavior was more then the child (22 months) could handle or her mother. They decided that they will review CS at a later date. Currently, he has to pay nothing. He is the father of her 2 children. Her first child is from (unfortunately) a different father. Our attorney actually tried to fight for her but, the Judge said, because she is 5 years old, he has NO relationship with her, and he works part-time, the economic situation has hurt him WHAT!!!! Work full-time moron! He only has to pay $50.00 per month plus $5.00 in arrears. He is currently over $7,000 in arrears. He'll be dead before that is paid off.
The system works for some, but not for all!

Gracie3787

Because her second child is terminally ill, her SSI case worker informed the court that his terroristic behavior was more then the child (22 months) could handle or her mother. They decided that they will review CS at a later date.
Now I understand. The SS caseworker did the best thing for the ill child. SSI is a definate, mom will always recieve it without having to go to court to attempt to enforce payment. CS on the other hand, even if it is court ordered, cannot be counted on, and then there's the problem of trying to enforce. Another reason CS wasn't ordered is because any order would adversely effect the amount of SSI recieved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">