• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this possible????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarah17

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

i want to move in with my boyfriends and his family. he is 18 and i am 17. is there anyway i can do this. is it possible that i can just have my dad say its ok even though i think he wont say that. i am just looking for some options please help. I've considered emancipation but that wil take too long because of the court process's. i cant wait that long because i am depressed i barely eat anymore, and cry a lot. it's for my benefit that i do this. Or else i believe i will go crazy and slip into a deeper state of depression. if that is possible. i know i can not live another year in this town.

ldkirby

Sarah,
What's going on in your current situation? How long until you turn 18? The emancipation process isn't overnight and you will need to prove that you can support yourself. Rent, insurance, food, car, etc.

Sometimes being 17 feels like prison...you are so close, but yet have to wait. Trust me, there is plenty of time to be an adult.

imsadbcofher

i suggest you should stay with your parents. even though your bf may like you really much now and same goes for you, but in the end your parents are the only people can be there to support you. Think about it clearly and dont let depression obscure your thinking.

imsadbcofher

I am 19 and my gf is 17 and her parents wont let us date. i cant do anything about it at the moment. even though i wish to take her away from her parents, but i know for a fact i cant support her in any way. -_-

sarah17

well i used to live where he does but me and my dad moved away. i agreed to go bc my dad was suicidal. i really did not want to go. but i made it what i wanted ive lived away from him since april. now my dad is totally happy. he passed his depression to me. i am so depressed i cry alot and i can barly eat. i tried telling my dad i want to go back. i turn 18 in june of next year and i cant wait that long to go back. i dont really want to do emancipation bc i no it will take a long time im looking for other options...

sarah17

it wouldnt be with just my bf, it would be with his mom and dad too. they already see how happy i am and no that i have not had a good past. they agreed that i can come live there. and yes i would be supported there. plus i would have a job to help.

Happy Trails

sarah17 said:
it wouldnt be with just my bf, it would be with his mom and dad too. they already see how happy i am and no that i have not had a good past. they agreed that i can come live there. and yes i would be supported there. plus i would have a job to help.
What does Dad say about it?

If he doesn't want you to move in with your boyfriend and his parents; they could be charged with harboring a runaway and other offenses.

There isn't anything in your post that would qualify you for emancipation. If you are so depressed you should seek counseling.

sarah17

well when my dad finaly did talk about it he was drunk and really mean. he said that im still a minor and cant go

ldkirby

Well, there is your answer. He said no. When you state that your boyfriend's family sees how happy you are...what are you referring to? Are you thee and planning on not going home?

sarah17

yes sometimes i plan on not going home i never want to come back. the happy thing is meaning that im much more happier there than i am here. they no this and think its best that i go there for my own emotional self

Happy Trails

sarah17 said:
yes sometimes i plan on not going home i never want to come back. the happy thing is meaning that im much more happier there than i am here. they no this and think its best that i go there for my own emotional self
Then as I stated before, they could all get into legal trouble.

Where's mom?

sarah17

mom lives away from me and absolutly hates my bf. i dont no why but she does. she does not have primary custody of me but is it possible that she could get my bf's family in trouble???

Wolflmg

sarah17 said:
mom lives away from me and absolutly hates my bf. i dont no why but she does. she does not have primary custody of me but is it possible that she could get my bf's family in trouble???
Your mom may have good reason for not liking your boyfriend. My sister's x, we all thought he was a good guy, but he and his parents turned out to be very bad people. Sometimes not everything is what it seems. Ask your mother straight out why she doesn't like him, maybe she just being protective or maybe she sees something that you don't want to see.

sarah17

well my mom thinks that he forced me to have sex with him. which is entirely untrue. i mean if she would have known how it happened she would understand. my bf and his family are not bad people. my dad thinks good of his family and my bf. i'll admit that at first he didnt like him but he wouldnt give my bf a chance bc he was being protective to me but after a yr he finally realized what a good person he is.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sarah, the bottom line is that if your parents say no, it's no. You cannot go and live with your boyfriend and/or his family without their consent, and if you go anyway, yes, your parents could get him/his family in legal trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">