• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this really abuse, and how do I stop it??? I am in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cappuccinogal

I am 28 (almost 29)and a single parent of 2. I recieve no child support...but that is ok. I live with my parents and my children. The original agreement when I moved back home was that I would HELP out with the houshold expenses. Now I am finding that I am turning over my entire paycheck to my mother, except a 10.00 allowance. I am not allowed to get a car, as mom says it is not fair to the house to take all that extra money away. My father makes darn good money and is more than able to keep the house running smoothly. The problem is, my mother has gotten used to a certain style of living...all off MY money. I told my parents that I will be giving them less money every week, as I want to save up for a car, and start a little nest egg. My mother responded by saying that I need to make sure what ever money I take from my check the same gets put away for my father so HE can get a new car too. She fights me every step of the way when I try and regain a little of my independence. And now, the worst thing immaginable is happening in the house. My mother is smacking my 7 yr old around. She screams at her like a mad woman, hits her sometimes uncontrollably....my mother used to beat me as a child, and I see the same pattern forming with my daughter. I am scared. I have no way to get out of the house, and I don't know where to turn.....
I know that I am not a perfect parent, and yes part of it is because of the way I was raised, I yell sometimes too much, and have been known to tan the tush of my daughter when she does really really stupid things. But my mother will hit her in the face, across the back, in the chest, over stupid things. It is affecting my daughter to the point where she raises her hands anytime mom comes near her and she is starting to do it to me if I am the least little bit upset with her, even if she did do something that is a punnishable offense, like push her brother off the back of the couch. I don't want my daughter to be affraid of me EVER! And I think my mother is getting out of hand with her. What Should I do??? How do I get out of my parents house, and what are my rights as to what I can take with me?

jyoung

Originally posted by Cappuccinogal
I am 28 (almost 29)and a single parent of 2. I recieve no child support...but that is ok. I live with my parents and my children.

My mother is smacking my 7 yr old around. She screams at her like a mad woman, hits her sometimes uncontrollably....

what are my rights as to what I can take with me?

I'm just a dad, not a lawyer but you need to, for the kids
sakes, take your head out of your ass first. 1) Why do you
receive no child support and are ok w/ that? Is the father
known and nearby or why haven't you been able to get that which might help you out of the house? If you are really
stuck with this woman you need to take control of your life
and your kids and rescue them. Find a local minister, social worker or lawyer and find them now

C

Cappuccinogal

re:response to jyoung

Jyoung,

I am ok with the fact that i recieve no child support because with my daughter, i was raped...and secondly my son's father was causing more problems than good and social services deemed the case too risky to fight...so they said i was better off to forgo the child support as the bum had no job and would be hard to find anyway... Thank you for your vote of confidence regarding taking control of my life...that is what i am trying to do....but i want to make sure that there will be no reprocussions on my children when i do move out. the first thing i need to do is get a car, which i am working on now.

R

REParker819

You say that you dont want there to be repercussions on your children when you move out? Are you planning on leavin them there alone with your mother? Walk to a church. Tell the minister what is happening, and he can help you. You dont need to wait until you have a car. You say you are scared bc your mother is beating your child, but you have to wait until you have a car?? Dont they have buses in your town? Do you have no friends? Get out NOW before something seriously happens to your children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">