• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brenmharr

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania I got a mortgage in 1997 for $17,550.I just checked my credit report and saw a judgement of $21,000 from the same company in 1997.How can this be?

seniorjudge

Q: How can this be?

A: You didn't pay your mortgage. The lender took you to court and got a judgment against you.

seniorjudge

brenmharr said:
What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania I got a mortgage in 1997 for $17,550.I just checked my credit report and saw a judgement of $21,000 from the same company in 1997.How can this be?
Re-read the report.

Are you sure it says judgment?

If so, you need to raise a stink with the credit reporting agency and the lender (if, that is, you are making your payments).

brenmharr

I am current on my payments. Like I said I got the mortgage of 17550 in july of 97. Judgement was august of 97 for 21000

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">