• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TLC

My husband was employed with a hospital in our area for 13 years. His position with the hospital was recently eliminated and a contract group was brought in to take over his duties. He was not given notice of his "elimination" and recieved 6 weeks of severance pay and vacation.

Many physicians were outraged at the hosp. administators decision to get rid of my husband because they were not consulted with first. When 5 of the physicians stormed the administrators office they were told that there were "sensitive issues" and "other things" involved in the decision, implying that my husband did something illegal or wrong. My husband was told the decision was strictly because they had found cheaper services elsewhere. Only after the administrator realized he had made many important people angry did he come up with these "other things" as an excuse for terminating a very respected and experienced employee.

My husband's reputation has been ruined. Is there any way to recover damages and prove he did nothing wrong, even though he signed a severance agreement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">