• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this voter registration fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Homer0001

I hope this topic is in the right forum. Anyway, here in AZ I've been having trouble with my voter registration.

I first registered to vote in January, and I've re-registered since then to change party, both times on the recommended SOS website and there hadn't been any problems. I've been registered at my home address.

In August I moved into my college dorm, still in AZ. In October I think, I sent in one of those third party postcards, in which I thought you write down your temporary (dorm) address, then the third party arranges to have your general election ballot mailed to your temporary address.

Well, a ballot was mailed to me--but one that's as if I'm registered to vote at the dorm address. So what either happened was 1. the postcard was registering me to vote at the dorm address and I didn't notice, or 2. some shmuck working for the state thought the card did that, rather than simply mailing my ballot to my temporary location.

So after clarifying, I ended up voting with the ballot they sent me (not the one I wanted) and I planned to reregister after the election to the address I want to be registered under, the home address.

Well the other day I get in the mail a new voter registration card. So, it has the 'new' dorm address on it, right? Wrong. It has my home address. The catch is, I never reregistered yet. So obviously people have been fiddling around with my voter registration. I'm pretty sure this is against the law... I mean, isn't it supposed to be that only I can change my voter registration?

So is it clear where I want to know if they broke the law? Even if I concede that the postcard indeed re-registered me, then shouldn't my new voter ID card have my dorm address? How can it be back to normal without me myself reregistering? If they're sending me this as verification that I'm actually registered at my home address, then aren't they conceding that they sent me the wrong ballot and *forced* me to use it?

Thank you for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">