• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is unwanted physical contact assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wekiva

Assuming this question is limited to SH cases involving the same employer, the answer is maybe. However, I would expect the employer would resist having to produce details about any prior SH cases through discovery, so there would probably be a costly fight about that.
Yes, same person, the owner of the business. One of the tasks she was assigned was to gather documents he requested. One of the documents was the case settled out of court. He told her the person who filed the suit was a liar and ugly, so he'd never want to touch her

quincy

Yes, same person, the owner of the business. One of the tasks she was assigned was to gather documents he requested. One of the documents was the case settled out of court. He told her the person who filed the suit was a liar and ugly, so he'd never want to touch her
The employer sounds like quite the jerk.

I hope your girlfriend can find a new job soon. Even if she changes employers, she can still pursue legal actions against the jerk/employer.

Wekiva

The employer sounds like quite the jerk.

I hope your girlfriend can find a new job soon. Even if she changes employers, she can still pursue legal actions against the jerk/employer.
Jerk is a compliment for this guy. He is a delusional, manipulative, evil, creep. The good news is she is now working with one of the most prominent firms in the area. I just wish she would contact the police, but unfortunately, all the criminal violations occurred behind closed doors.

Once again, thank you for your advice, support, and well wishes.

Wekiva

Just wanted to send a quick thank you to all who commented and offered advice. It has been extremely helpful. I've shared all your comments, advice, and suggestions with her and they've helped give her hope and the confidence to stand up to this creep and fight. Your time given to reply is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

quincy

Just wanted to send a quick thank you to all who commented and offered advice. It has been extremely helpful. I've shared all your comments, advice, and suggestions with her and they've helped give her hope and the confidence to stand up to this creep and fight. Your time given to reply is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
We all appreciate the thanks, Wekiva, so thank you.

Good luck to your girlfriend.

quincy

Thanks Quincy. She met with the new attorney and had a much better experience than with the first . She has a very solid case and is going to be just fine :) Thanks again!
That is good news, Wekiva. Thank you for the update. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">