• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is what I want to say "illegal" and could get arrested for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I signed my name on the sales contract bacause he said, "sign here to opt out" Now the supporting agreement documents that detail what the coverage will cover were not signed by me. Thank you for your continued interest.. I'm just wondering if I take it to small claims, do you thing I have a chance to get my $2,000 back? Because if I can't why bother?

He sent me copies later of documents I had never seen when I didn't find any in my records. I have told him about the copied signatures and he 'can't see where they've done anything illegal." When I looked through the papers he had given me when I left with the car, he gave me only the first page of many of the documents and when I pointed out exactly where the signatures were copied, he said, "I don't see anything wrong here." So that's when I told him to send me a copy of his papers and they were exactly the same with the same signatures.

And the plot thickens. He charged me for undercoating the car but I don't think he did it. If he failed to do anything on the original sales contract that we both signed, doesn't that mean the contract is broken because he didn't provide something that I paid for? On the other hand, when I got HIS copies of the paperwork, one of them said I had to make an appointment to come back to have this work done within 30 days (which had already expired) While we were sitting around making the deal he took the car to the guy who does the undercoating so I could have it done that day and that I wouldn't have to come back to do it later. He said the work was already done before I left with the car. Now if he faked my name on a document I never saw, how can I be responsible?

You know what? I think this guy screwed me in every possible way and he's learned exactly how to do it and get away with it.

So what do you think, could I win or am I wasting my time and yours?

Thank you for all the attentiveness you've given me

PayrollHRGuy

If he failed to do anything on the original sales contract that we both signed, doesn't that mean the contract is broken because he didn't provide something that I paid for?
No, it doesn't mean that the contract is broken. It means that you allege that he hasn't fulfilled the contract. And according to your posts, there is more than one contract involved with entities other than the person that you allege has broken the contract.

LdiJ

This is well beyond small claims in any state in the union.
Since the 2000.00 amount the OP is discussing is well within ALL states limits for small claims court I am confused by your statement. A small claims judge can get to the meat of a complicated matter just as easily as a judge in a circuit or superior court could.

PayrollHRGuy

Since the 2000.00 amount the OP is discussing is well within ALL states limits for small claims court I am confused by your statement. A small claims judge can get to the meat of a complicated matter just as easily as a judge in a circuit or superior court could.
But since the OP has mentioned GAP insurance there is that which a small claims judge can't deal with. And if there is a GAP policy then there is also a finance contract which the small claims judge may not be able to deal with.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
A small claims judge can get to the meat of a complicated matter just as easily as a judge in a circuit or superior court could.
No, realistically they can't. Even a judge on small claims court has had the experience of handling more complex cases from sitting on some other court, the format and procedures of small claims court in most states does not lend itself to tackling complex matters. Small claims is meant for small, relatively straightforward disputes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">