• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Isn't this against his rights??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sumrim

During the Thanksgiving holiday, a friend and I made a trip to SC to pick up his brother. We are from Atlanta. On one of the many long, dark roads we were pulled over by the police. He wasn't speeding or weaving or anything, and we were never told why we were pulled over. My friend driving had lost his license, gave the officer his ID information, the officer ran his info through whatever method they use, and his license came back suspended. The officer continued with a "follow the pen with your eyes" DUI test, because my friend's eyes were "glossy". Mind you this was about 2 o'clock in the morning. We had been driving since 9. Anyway, my friend was arrested for driving with a suspended license. The police then searched the car we were in and my purse and jacket for an hour, and found nothing. Once they arrived at the police station, the police searched my friend's prosthesis (artificial leg). The first one found nothing. Another tried again, and still found nothing. Is this legal??? Isn't this against his rights??

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

The police can pull you over, the police can run your license, the police can do the alcohol test and search the car, the driver and you.

A whole lot they can get away with.

But.........is your friend's license suspended? What happened? You never mentioned the all important things like if you were arrested, booked, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">