• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it wasn't my fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toby21

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire
Accident accured in Mass.

I was sitting at a busy intersection, trying to get to work. I was at a complete stop, and seeing no cars coming from the northbound lane, i slowy made my way into the intersection to try to merge into the traffice, where again i come to a complete stop and no incoming traffic. after about 10 to 15 seconds another car slides accross my right front fender causing minimal damage to my car and scracting and denting the other persons right side. when the ambulance first arrived the other driver siad they where fine and did not need to go to the hospital. after about half an hour and after speaking with a friend of theirs this person started to complain about neck problems and asked to be takin to the hospital. Im affraid this person might try to sue me, even though it was their fault. What should I do?

djohnson

Was other person ticketed? How are you figuring fault? Where was the other person coming from? Do you have insurance?

toby21

I don't know if the other person was, they where taken away in the ambuance before the cop was finished doing his paper work. I do not have insurance and the person was coming northbound as i was trying to get into a southbound lane. i was figured at fault due to not yeilding to on coming traffic, even though i wasn't moving at all in the first place. the officer claims I'm at fault because i was too far out into on coming traffic.

djohnson

This changes your first story completely. If you want help, you need to post all relevent facts and not just your opinion. You were found at fault, and were. You have no insurance, so be prepared to be sued.

toby21

are you an attorny, or involved in the law some how? just curiouse, because if you had read the first thing I wrote completly you would see that everything, with the exception of the insurence information, was written there. thank you for your oppinion, but try to keep it to your self next time, unless of course you are an attorny of some sort.

djohnson

No I am not an attorney, but do have knowledge of law. However your case doesn't even require that. Common sense is what is needed. I'm wondering if you have any. They are different statements you have made. In your first post you even title it 'Not my fault', it was clearly your fault, and you were told so by an officer. You state you were merging on to another road, then state you were sitting still. You state there was no car coming, when then you state it was on the main road you were 'merging' into. You originally tried to tell the story to suit your needs without giving facts. No one can truly help you without accurate facts. If so the advice would not be your real answer. There are many attorneys on this site and many that are knowledgable, if they aren't put out by your different stories, they may answer and tell you the same thing.

Just because you don't like an answer doesn't make it wrong.

divgradcurl

toby21 said:
are you an attorny, or involved in the law some how? just curiouse, because if you had read the first thing I wrote completly you would see that everything, with the exception of the insurence information, was written there. thank you for your oppinion, but try to keep it to your self next time, unless of course you are an attorny of some sort.
What are YOU talking about? In your first post, you claim that it was the other guy's fault:

Im affraid this person might try to sue me, even though it was their fault.
Then, in your next post, you tell us that the cops found YOU at fault:

i was figured at fault due to not yeilding to on coming traffic, even though i wasn't moving at all in the first place. the officer claims I'm at fault because i was too far out into on coming traffic.
Then, you write this nonsensical piece:

because if you had read the first thing I wrote completly you would see that everything, with the exception of the insurence information, was written there
The first thing you wrote definitely DID NOT mention that the police found YOU at fault -- you dind't even mention that the police showed up at all. I guess you didn't think that little piece of information was important.

But, in any event, djohnson was right on -- get ready to be sued for damages caused in an accident in which YOU were found to be at fault. Maybe it's time to start talking with a local lawyer...

Happy Trails

toby21 said:
You initially posted, that you were not at fault and then the officer stated you were. :rolleyes:

Since Massachusetts is a no-fault law state, you could contact an attorney in that state for interpretation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">