• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Items that should be submitted are stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisbras

What is the name of your state? Florida

My home was burglarized couple of weeks ago and the thief(s) stole valuable items and cash, which I identified in the fact information sheet and should pay to other party as part of judgment I lost. I filed police complaint on the same day the burglary took place. I informed the other party. Despite this, now, the other party filed a motion to surrender these items and cash which are stolen.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Florida

My home was burglarized couple of weeks ago and the thief(s) stole valuable items and cash, which I identified in the fact information sheet and should pay to other party as part of judgment I lost. I filed police complaint on the same day the burglary took place. I informed the other party. Despite this, now, the other party filed a motion to surrender these items and cash which are stolen.
I have to say that the timing of the theft of the items due the creditor to satisfy the judgment seems suspicious at best. I hope you reported the theft to your insurer and I hope you have another way to pay the judgment.

chrisbras

Thanks Quincy. I do agree that it may look suspicious but it is the fact. I put the jewelry items and couple of thousands of cash, which I brought back from my safe and bank, in my home but now they are lost. I have no home owner insurance. How the court may react?

zddoodah

You didn't ask a question, so I'm unsure what sort of response you're seeking or expecting.

the thief(s) stole valuable items and cash, which I identified in the fact information sheet
What is this "fact information sheet" to which you've referred?

and should pay to other party as part of judgment I lost.
Huh? Are you saying that, prior to the burglary, you had a bunch of cash lying around your home that you were going to pay on account of a judgment entered against you? If that's what you're saying, why on Earth would you use cash for this purpose, as opposed to a check (or cashier's check or money order)?

With respect to the "jewelry items," did the judgment against you require that you give the judgment creditor those specific items?

Also, how long ago did this happen?

I have no home owner insurance.
SMH

quincy

Thanks Quincy. I do agree that it may look suspicious but it is the fact. I put the jewelry items and couple of thousands of cash, which I brought back from my safe and bank, in my home but now they are lost. I have no home owner insurance. How the court may react?
Why will you be returning to court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">