• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

its killing me!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jason_b2003

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have 3 children and i am paying child support on two of them.
the first one filed about 5 years ago and i am paying about $200 a month. And the other filed about 3 years ago and my support was based on a promisary note on a job i didnt even have yet and i am paying $542.10 month. From what i understand is that the second child suppot cannot exceed the first one that filed. Is this true? And how can I go about trying to lower my support so i do not continue live off of nothing. My ex wife has alot of money and power around this little town and is well taken care of from her grandfather. She has no rent to pay or car payment and all her utilities are paid for. I am struggling to try to stay ahead and it dont look promising. Plus i have no visitation and the courts allow her to do this to me. What can I do to make this right?:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
As far as I know, a CS order is not based on a previous one. Yes, they will take a previous order into account when setting the support order for the next. But if you're making more now than you were when the first was put in place, or you're in a state with different guidelines - you could be paying more. Or less.

J

jason_b2003

I have asked the people at the court house about that matter and no one seems to know anything about that. i have filed a hardship form to try to get it back in court to try to have the case reveiwed but they denied me.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Have you had a change in circumstance since the order was entered? Did you go to court when the motion for CS was held? Were you served prior to a hearing? How did you end up in this situation? 'Cause contrary to popular belief, they don't pull numbers out of the hat.

And what about kid #3?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">