• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ive decided to file Chapter 7 myself. AHHH!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

:eek: What is the name of your state?NH
I bought a book today from Nolo.com, printed out all the schedules and forms from the NH state Bankruptcy court website. I want to get this done asap and cannot afford 1200 for lawyer. Only questions I have- the clerk was not very friendly or helpful- i guess im not surprised.

1)Definitions of Real Property- Schedule A- any property where the debtor has any "legal, equitable or future interest" Only thing i OWN of value is my 1991 Saab with 245000 miles on it and a bad tranny and a laptop computer. Both are worth about 1000 each. What does schedule A pertain to?

2) I am confused slightly by the Schedules D, E, and F. These are the schedules where i list my creditors(secured/unsecured ect) I am confused by the meaning of "creditors holding unsecured PRIORITY claims" versus creditors holding unsecured NON PRIORITY claims versus creditors holding secured claims... Secured claim would be my car i am making payments on right? By the way I am going to surrender the car and keep my 240,000 car that barely runs.lol Anyway, would "unsecured non priority" be the credit cards? This seems like Chapter 13 style terms. Any help would be appreciated. You guys have been wonderful. Hopefully these answers will be in that book i ordered anyway.

I believe Schedule A is for the listing of real property: ie: Real Estate. Any home(s) you own or have an interest in.

Schedule D is your creditor listing. An example of an unsecured priority creditor would be the IRS.

Ladynred

The NOLO book clearly explains EVERY line on every form and what kinds of debts go in which category. You might want to spend your time pulling together your expenses, budget and the records you're gonna need while you wait for the book before you jump into the forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">