• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jail time for reckless driving?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saturnia

What is the name of your state? VA

I received a speeding ticket and a reckless driving ticket in Hanover County, VA, on 295 last week. I am not disputing either - I was going 105 in a 65, I was caught, it's my fault, etc. What I want to know is whether or not I should expect jail time for this - several websites I've looked at said that jail time isn't unusual for speeds over 90mph, and so I'm very worried about this. My driving record has been clean for the past two years - the only other offenses I've gotten were a failure to yield the right of way and a speeding ticket, both in 2003.

Thank you!

NOVAFriend

How did you case go?

I have a young guy I know who has just been hit with an almost identical infraction. How did your case go?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">