• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Janeh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janeh399

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I own a business in Maryland. It involves real estate that is valued at approximately $400,000. I own it with my son. He owns 51% and I own 49%.

When I die what will happen to my business interest? I want my portion of the business to go to my grandchildren who are under the age of 18.

My attorney says that by putting my wishes in the Will, I am covered. Is that correct?

My son is the sole executor of the Will and his children are my grandchildren.

Is there a better way to assure me that my wishes are carried out?

I think we have a Partnership but I'm not sure.

Thank you

BelizeBreeze

janeh399 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

I own a business in Maryland. It involves real estate that is valued at approximately $400,000. I own it with my son. He owns 51% and I own 49%.
And how do you come to that determination?
When I die what will happen to my business interest?
That depends on what your articles of incorporation or partnership agreement says on the subject.
I want my portion of the business to go to my grandchildren who are under the age of 18.
O.K. so what have you done to insure this happens?
My attorney says that by putting my wishes in the Will, I am covered. Is that correct?
Of course not? Why would you listen to your own attorney when he/she knows you personally, knows all of the relevant facts of your situation and knows the laws pertinent to your state? You really should ask faceless strangers on the internet.
My son is the sole executor of the Will and his children are my grandchildren.
O.K.
Is there a better way to assure me that my wishes are carried out?
Don't die.
I think we have a Partnership but I'm not sure.

Thank you
Don't you think you'd better MAKE sure?

janeh399

Your sarcasim doesn't humor me. Get a life, buddy.

BelizeBreeze said:
And how do you come to that determination?

That depends on what your articles of incorporation or partnership agreement says on the subject.

O.K. so what have you done to insure this happens?

Of course not? Why would you listen to your own attorney when he/she knows you personally, knows all of the relevant facts of your situation and knows the laws pertinent to your state? You really should ask faceless strangers on the internet.

O.K.

Don't die.

Don't you think you'd better MAKE sure?

janeh399

English please...and if you are another ignorant person just waiting to post a ridiculous response, you and what-his-name ought to get a life together.

HomeGuru said:
good responses.........if the writer does not know the deal, how are we supposed to know.

HomeGuru

janeh399 said:
English please...and if you are another ignorant person just waiting to post a ridiculous response, you and what-his-name ought to get a life together.

**A: ok, hows this response- your attorney is not entirely correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">