• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jet ski lability!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starhutch

What is the name of your state? texas
Hi about 2 years ago i financed a party at a local lake here in east texas. i supplied my jet skis and my boat plus the keg. well, my cousin and his step son (he was 11 at the time) got on my jet ski and he ran the jet ski under a speed boat. it killed my cousin and his step son's leg was almost severed. he has had to go to physical therapy ever since. my cousin's widow has since had a nervous break down. i have heard from a family member that she can sue me. i didn't have insurance on the jet skis. i did pay for my cousins funeral and bought his wife a nice used suburban after his death. do i owe her anything else? should i be worried?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

starhutch said:

"i supplied my jet skis and my boat plus the keg."

==============================

My response:

. . . and your high school year book said you were voted to be "the smartest, brightest, and most successful graduate."

IAAL

kat1963

I'm sure she will sue, you have millions and you know this because you also sued for your own husbands death....hopefully it can be settled out of court. Why on earth did you not spend the money on insurance?? What kind of financial advisor do you have anyway??????? What other toys do you have that could potentially cause problems in the future? Go see a lawyer right NOW before you lose every dime!!!
KAT

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kat1963 said:
I'm sure she will sue, you have millions and you know this because you also sued for your own husbands death....hopefully it can be settled out of court. Why on earth did you not spend the money on insurance?? What kind of financial advisor do you have anyway??????? What other toys do you have that could potentially cause problems in the future? Go see a lawyer right NOW before you lose every dime!!!
KAT

My response:

Oh, you're right, Kat!

I just noticed - - the writer is "starhutch", the woman who doesn't respond back, and who lost her husband to wrongful death, and who is a "millionaire many times over."

Well, in her case, it will all amount to a mere "transfer of funds" - - her husband was killed and received a judgment, and now "starhutch" has caused and contributed to the death of someone else who, will cause "starhutch" to "transfer" those same funds to the dead person's family.

Rich one day, poor again the next.

In short, it's called "musical money". Whenever the music stops, the funds get transfered to the winner!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I really hate to admit it, but contributor "Zappy" was correct when he said - -

"Sounds like you are a typical POOR PERSON....
YOU have no clue how to spend money wisely when they get some."

IAAL

kat1963

Yup. Plus, the boy will also need to be compensated. Just might have to drop the *several times over* part from her title. I just find it hard to believe that no one took the time to explain to her the importance of liability coverage. Very expensive lesson!

KAT

S

starhutch

My husbands family doesn't like me...

they don't like me so I can't just transfer my funds. it has been over 2 years. do you think she is still gonna sue. maybe she forgot.

H

hmmbrdzz

Wow. I was reading "search". Fine example of how "suddenly wealthy" idiots are as dangerous as they come. Deadly in this case.

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: My husbands family doesn't like me...

starhutch said:

"maybe she forgot."

==================================

My response:

Well, you decided to respond - - albeit with another question!

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket - - she forgot!

Look, she has up to the 2 year anniversary to file her lawsuit against you. It's not a matter of you merely "transferring" funds to her. It's a matter of having your pants sued off, losing at trial, and then having to "transfer" all of your millions to her, and to the person who lost their leg.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: My husbands family doesn't like me...

starhutch said:
they don't like me so I can't just transfer my funds. it has been over 2 years. do you think she is still gonna sue. maybe she forgot.
My response: Maybe she will forget? They don't LIKE YOU? Well who would?

S

starhutch

i did help his widow...

i bought her a nice used suburban, paid for my cousins funeral, gave her a house full of furniture... so i did help her. i also paid for some of her son's medical expenses. i told her that if she needed anything just to call. that was what my lawyer told me to do.

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: i did help his widow...

starhutch said:
i bought her a nice used suburban, paid for my cousins funeral, gave her a house full of furniture... so i did help her. i also paid for some of her son's medical expenses. i told her that if she needed anything just to call. that was what my lawyer told me to do.
My response: It's apparent you have an attorney to protect your interests; it's apparent she doesn't. Did you think your attorney was going to say "well, let's see here now -- you should start out by giving her 2 million for her husband's death and
1 million for her son's injuries? Just how much DO you have? It's going to be GONE if she ever gets smart and gets an attorney.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">