• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JK Harris

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacqmar

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I have contacted a rep from JK Harris for advice/help with my tax obligation, both IRS and State. He offered a solution but I'm taking some time to think about his offer, has anyone contracted with this company for financial recovery? I'm somewhat skeptical in his advice to me. I would appreciate any information.

Snipes5

If you tell us your tax problem we can give you advice, and then you can decide whether or not they are giving you good advice.

Other than that, try the BBB in your area.

Snipes

jacqmar

I owe several thousand in taxes for year 2004, I have been making regular payments to IRS and State...have an installment agreement with IRS and have not heard from State...but on the IRS the penalty&interest is horrendous and I am afraid of what State might do. I own my home, filed BK a couple years ago but did not follow through, but I believe once you file it is on credit report. I would like to get a home equity loan to pay the taxes but due to old debts I can't qualify. JK Harris told me they would settle with creditors and IRS and State...drop penalty & interest...that would raise my FICO score so I could qualify for a loan that would pay the creditors and taxes. I am retired and living on a pension.

pojo2

Forget Harris, hire a CPA and have them file an OIC with the IRS, don't know if there is a state equivelant or not in your state.

To research what I am talking about go to

http://www.irs.gov

type in Offer in Compromise (OIC) and read up a bit to see if you qualify then see that CPA or Tax Atty.

Sometimes this is all Harris does but they charge you many hundreds of dollars to do it. They can not guarantee you ANYTHING!

Snipes5

You probably don't need an OIC. Hire an Enrolled Agent to write a letter and give the IRS the reasons why the penalties should be waived, and if you have a decent reason, they will probably do so.

Address your BK issues on the BK board.

Snipes

Run as fast and as far away from JK Harris as you can! We hired them and they took our money and did nothing for us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">