• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job in Education

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dale Sr

What is the name of your state? PA

I am in the process of obtaining a position in public education in PA.

Three (3) background checks are required.

1. FBI
2. PA State Police
3. Child Abuse History

All have come back clean.

Additionally, I needed to complete and sign a form that confirms I have never been arrested of certain specific (rather heinous) crimes. I have been arrested for none of these crimes. Thus, I completed the form accurately and honestly when indicating that I have not.

I was however, arrested, but not convicted, of DUI decades ago. I completed an ARD program as part of that process and subsequently had the arrest expunged.

Nowhere in this hiring process was I asked to disclose this information.

Should I volunteer it on my own?

If so, why?

Thanks.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? PA

I am in the process of obtaining a position in public education in PA.

Three (3) background checks are required.

1. FBI
2. PA State Police
3. Child Abuse History

All have come back clean.

Additionally, I needed to complete and sign a form that confirms I have never been arrested of certain specific (rather heinous) crimes. I have been arrested for none of these crimes. Thus, I completed the form accurately and honestly when indicating that I have not.

I was however, arrested, but not convicted, of DUI decades ago. I completed an ARD program as part of that process and subsequently had the arrest expunged.

Nowhere in this hiring process was I asked to disclose this information.

Should I volunteer it on my own?

If so, why?

Thanks.
In my opinion, no. The form was very specific and you answered the questions with total honesty. I see no need to volunteer something that was not included.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">