• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job under Labor Certification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? GA

My question is I got my EAD on January 2004 under Labor Certification (under employment), and working with the same organization who sponsored me, now if I am getting good opportunity with other firm on same managerial level, I can do the new Job? or I still have to wait for my interview for Green Card? my I 485 was applied in the month of September 2003.

Thanks in Advance and appreciated

Ramzan Ali


Senior Member
If your I-140 has been approved and your I-485 has been pending at least 180 days, you can change employers so long as the new position is in the "same or similar" job classification.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Immigration Attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential