• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job witholding information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lamontj

so recently I had a drug test done, the next day my boss comes and tells me that I so called '' forgot to sign something on the drug test paper work" I don't recall not forget to sign something ,because the day of the drug test I asked the people at the drug testing place if I forgot to sign anything, am I good too go. they said "yea I'm all set" so the day of my second drug test I asked my boss ''could I see where I forgot to sign something on the paper work'' he said ''no I would just have to do it again'' am I entitled to see that paperwork.
FYI my job drugs test once a year so before the new year comes I stop smoking weed to clear my system, my first drug test ik my pee was clean, so after I drug tested I clocked out of work and went home to smoke 2 blunts, only to find out I had to redo it the next day because of a so called ''mishap'' so ik if I drug test again my pee will come back dirty .

quincy

What is the name of your state?

It sounds as if your employer is wise to your drug use.

PayrollHRGuy

Your employer can send you for as many drug tests as he likes and not show you a thing that you "forgot to sign." You of course have the option to quit.

lamontj

Your employer can send you for as many drug tests as he likes and not show you a thing that you "forgot to sign." You of course have the option to quit.
Oh really? Is it possible to get a lawyer to beat this cause its bs. No one knew i smoked at the job. , i do my job very well. Never have i had a mistake at work to suggest i do drugs ive been here going on two years now.

quincy

Oh really? Is it possible to get a lawyer to beat this cause its bs. No one knew i smoked at the job. , i do my job very well. Never have i had a mistake at work to suggest i do drugs ive been here going on two years now.
If you smoke on a regular basis, your smell can give you away.

lamontj

I never smoke in my work clothes only in regular clothes. ANd i shower after i smoke and before i got to work the next day I cover my tracks. You couldnt even tell that i smoke

quincy

I never smoke in my work clothes only in regular clothes. ANd i shower after i smoke and before i got to work the next day I cover my tracks. You couldnt even tell that i smoke
Nonsmokers can generally pick up smells that smokers can't.

You probably should not be smoking at work. Your employer apparently does not allow it.

lamontj

Nonsmokers can generally pick up smells that smokers can't.

You probably should not be smoking at work. Your employer apparently does not allow it.
Mmmmm that’s debatable and so what you tryna say is. I cant find away outta this so im F’d

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It always amazes smokers how much non-smokers can smell their smoke, even if they put on clean clothes and even if they shower. It gets embedded in their pores and the smokers are so used to it they don't notice it and think they don't smell of smoke. Trust me, they do.

Last edited:

eerelations

What your employer did/is doing is perfectly legal. Ergo, you cannot "beat this" because there is nothing to beat.

justalayman

Well, I wouldn’t put any deposits down anywhere for a second year anniversary party.

And you will be disqualified for unemployment benefits if the employer gives this as the reason for firing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">