• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

john han**** life insurance screwing my father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

realschool

life insurance screwing my father

What is the name of your state? florida

my father had a life insurance policy with john h until last week. he has been paying
them $65.00 a month for the last 40 years. they sent him a notice saying his rate increased to 200. a month. So, he cancelled the policy. They sent out 2 agents to his house trying to strong arm him, and get him to sign a waiver stating that he would only get back " a few thousand". Is this a common practice?:confused: he dumped in over $31,000. into their policy. please let me know. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Dandy Don

He should file a complaint with the Florida Insurance Commissioner--do a GOOGLE search to find his website where you can file a complaint by letter or e-mail.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Betty

How old is your dad currently - I understand pol. was taken out 40 yrs. ago. What type of policy (plan of ins.) is this (ie Whole Life, Universal Life, Variable Life, Endowment - doesn't seem to be a term pol.) & what is amt. of insurance? What does the face page of the policy say as to the plan & amt. of insurance? The info in your post does sound rather unusual & seems not quite right. What reason did the agents give for the increase in premium & only getting back a few thousand in cash value on cancellation of a pol. he paid in $31,000+ over 40 years? It's kind of hard to comment on the company's action without having the actual policy to read it provisions & w/o knowing the amt. & plan of ins. I assume your dad did not take out a pol. loan on the cash value. A complaint to the Ins. Commissioner of your state, as suggested by the other poster, may be what you will have to do & let them check out if the co. is doing something wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">