• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint account ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilmushroom

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I got my credit report yesterday and have questions. There is a credit card account that I signed to be on a joint account back in 2001. I am no longer with the person who opened the account and have not been with him since 12/2001. I had an order of protection on him back then. I assumed he would take me off the account. I am still listed on there and the credit company said in order to be removed I have to close the account. I do not want to close it because then he will be angry and might come after me. Is there any way I can be taken off of the account without having to close it?

Veronica1228

lilmushroom said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I got my credit report yesterday and have questions. There is a credit card account that I signed to be on a joint account back in 2001. I am no longer with the person who opened the account and have not been with him since 12/2001. I had an order of protection on him back then. I assumed he would take me off the account. I am still listed on there and the credit company said in order to be removed I have to close the account. I do not want to close it because then he will be angry and might come after me. Is there any way I can be taken off of the account without having to close it?
No, there is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">